D.S. Landscape Construction is looking to hire an experienced foreman to join our team! We are based out of Worcester Ma. We are a full hardscape company with 10+ years of experience, installing patios, walkways, retaining walls, we work with concrete, excavation and much more. We snow plow and do snow removal. We specialize in residential and commercial properties.
We are looking for highly skilled foreman who have experience in Hardscaping/ Masonry work, and are proficient with managing a crew.
Work includes managing a small crew by prioritizing projects, assigning work tasks, using equipment, maintaining records, monitoring work quality and work schedules, insuring crew safety, training employees, and providing performance feedback. The employee leads and participates in performing various hardscape installations and equipment operation. Employee is responsible for procurement of materials, work orders, and record-keeping for each project. Work subjects the employee to inside and outside environmental conditions.
Essential Duties and Tasks:
• Prioritize projects, assign work tasks to crew members, procure required materials, file
work orders and maintain written or electronic records of projects.
• Lead crew and participate in installing hardscape projects, such as walkways, retaining
walls, patios, concrete work, fences.
• Instruct employees in proper work methods and standards; monitor crew work quality;
insure adherence to time schedules and safe work practices, provide performance
feedback and input into performance reviews.
• Operate all equipment necessary to complete assigned tasks such as skid steers, mini
excavators, stone saws, grinders, hand tools.
• Perform equipment repair and maintenance duties.
• Assist with administrative tasks.
• Participates in stand-by status during natural disasters or inclement weather.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment utilized in
the area of assigned work.
• Considerable knowledge of work hazards and applicable safety precautions associated
with assigned area of work.
• Considerable knowledge of equipment maintenance and skill in the operation of various
equipment including Skid steers, dump trucks, plows, loaders, backhoes and mowers.
• Working knowledge of leadership skills including communications, motivation, and
• Some knowledge of the laws and regulations related to supervision.
• Advanced skill in the operation of equipment, tools, and instruments used for assigned
• Intermediate skill in the operation of computers and related equipment.
• Basic skill in writing routine reports and documents.
• Ability to assign and supervise the work of others, provide instruction, lead a small crew
and inspire confidence.
• Ability to understand and follow oral instructions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents and construction drawings.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors,
coworkers, and the public.
• Ability to participate in stand-by duty and report back to work if called.
Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Must be able to perform medium work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must possess the visual acuity to operate equipment and motor vehicles, perform trades tasks, inspect the work of others, and review work for accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness.
Desirable Education and Experience:
High school graduation required; Associates degree preferred. Five years relevant experience required with two years in hardscape. Plowing experience is also needed.
Possession of a valid Massachusetts Hoisting License. Possession of a valid Massachusetts Commercial Driver's License or the desire to obtain one. Must participate in random drug screening program.
Be A Part of a Powerful Team